Friday, June 4, 2010

Wild Kingdom

So my house is quickly turning in to Wild Kingdom!

As you all know we had Bunny Watch 2010 the other day and you would think that would be the end of it. No not at all.

Last night as I was putting in a movie for the children so that I could start dinner I felt something crawling across my exposed toes in my favorite Old Navy pink flip flops. Sure enough the biggest bug ever is crawling across my foot. Jumping I throw the bug of my foot and it crawls away under the entertainment stand. Well I haven't been in the room since! Well not really but I am not willing to go look for the bug.

We have a rule in our house; I pushed out children so Big Papi has to deal with creepy crawlies. And this spring and summer the city has been doing work on our drainage system in our neighborhood so all sorts of gross things have made their way into my home. So he has to deal with the traps and removal of gross things. And when he pushes out a five pound human being from an opening of only 10cm then I'll take my turn at removing the creepy crawlies.

I called Big Papi only mere moments after rescuing my foot from the giant bug and he tells me that yes he will look for the bug when he gets home. I think he lied to me because I have seen the bug now two more times.

On the second occasion I was picking up toys in the same room where there it was, coming after me like it had its guns pointed on stun. I scream for Big Papi, who I think has developed the thing where husbands ignore wives until the screaming gets to high pitch frequencies. So Big Papi comes in, very slowly I might add what if I were on fire, and I point in the general direction of where the bug is, near a pillow and a toy. He picks up the toy and sees the bug and jumps three times like a monkey while screaming like a little girl and the bug escapes under the couch! I of course am laughing and wishing I had at least the BlackBerry out to record this man screaming like a tiny little girl.

Okay, this is a 6'7 mountain of a man against a fairly big bug. In the middle of this the tiny Alien comes over with her sandal clad shoe and steps on the bug which is why the bug went under the couch. So the Alien is braver than her parents apparently. I am now completely upset and I want him to turn the couch over and get the bug!

Of course in the middle of my panicking that while I am watching a Netflix movie the bug will appear and eat me, Big Papi reminds me that he is leaving for basketball. Basketball at a time of crisis for our household as it is under siege. He is going to abandon his wife and small children to a evil bug to play basketball?

Big Papi went to basketball and I haven't been in the TV room since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Please be nice and remember there is a real person writing this blog with real feelings!