Monday, June 21, 2010

The Alien and Caveman Go to the Movies


So, we survived the Toy Story 3 adventure. Here is a time line of events

9:38am- The Alien and I arrive at Cinema Café. Big Papi and Caveman are on route but I think the theater is closed because the parking lot is abandoned with the exception of a few cars. Sit in the parking lot and wait for the theater to open so we can get good seats.

9:45am- grrr there is going to be a birthday party going on in the theater- yuck try explaining to a three year old why he can't have any birthday cake. But because of the birthday party we are able to get in the theater but the ticket counter lady doesn't look pleased we are in the theater before the place opens. Oh well. And word of advice- it isn't a good idea to look annoyed at the people who plan to spend money in your movie theater especially when serious competition is going to open across the street in a matter of a few weeks. Well maybe that is just me.

10:10am- in the theater and realize there are three birthday parties going on. My kids are going nuts asking all kinds of questions about birthdays and cake.

10:18am- had to tell Big Papi to relax because the Alien was making noise. Guess what, every other kid is talking so calm down. A non birthday party parent across from us just ordered a beer. By the way this is one of those movie theaters where you order real food and adult beverages- but not an adult theatre because the name Toy Story would have a whole other meaning. So would the word Buzz and Woody now that I think about it.

All three birthdays have sung happy birthday, I feel like a voyeur.

10:28am- potty break for the Caveman and Alien needed changing. Of course the Caveman waits until after Big Papi takes the Alien to change her (folks he volunteered for diaper duty- he reads the blogs he could have pulled its father's day-palooza but didn't). Coming back the Alien has her first temper tantrum of the morning. Ah the waitress finally takes our order, and I have a Caveman who doesn't eat meat on his pizza, a Big Papi who doesn't eat plain cheese pizza, and an Alien screaming for a snack. I wonder if they are showing Sex and the City in another theater.

10:30am- the house lights dim and there this Google Ad, 

the Caveman claps at the end- hey Google I think I deserve at least ½% of just today's takings for the mention. No? Well it was worth a try and just noticed the Alien's three eyed alien shirt glows in the dark. Waitress just brought the drinks and popcorn- plus extra cups for popcorn, yay! I wisely brought our own spill-proof cups but somehow the thingies that keep the liquid inside have disappeared. Thank goodness it is clear liquid.

After that I couldn't keep track because who uses their blackberry in the movie theater? Okay what normal person uses their blackberry in the movie theater? Plus one of the waitresses might have thought I was a bootlegger or something.

The Alien made it half way through before getting squirmy. I took her around half the time and then Big Papi finished. As for the Caveman he sat in my lap during the last little bits as Andy leaves for college. I won't say what happens to our favorite toys but I cried at the end and breathed my little boy in deep not wanting to ever let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Please be nice and remember there is a real person writing this blog with real feelings!