Friday, June 25, 2010

Ice Cream

So, last night it was hot! Actually it has been dangerously hot for the last few days- so hot that a certain Alien and Caveman have not been able to play outside and burn off toddler energy.

Plus our kitchen sink is broken- the other day I noticed a terrible, rotting smell coming from the kitchen. A sidebar please, my nose after working for Lotion Land for 10 years is incredibly sensitive- I always smell stinky way before anyone else. I also have a weak stomach for these things. Because of this I wasn't going to find where the smell is coming from, I have a theory- I pushed children out this gets me out of cleaning out the fridge, removing creepy crawly things, and investigating stinky items with the exception of a stinky diaper.

When Big Papi came home he found the pipe leading to the garbage disposal had come off and there was still food inside. OMG!!!!!!! The brave man had to scoop it out while I hid in the bedroom- even just writing about it now I am nauseous.

With the kitchen being out of commission I haven't been able to cook which had led to stress. On top of this I haven't been to Zumba in the last week and last night Big Papi was way late coming home from work and the kid were nuts.

So we did what any family would do, we went out for ice cream. I am actually lactose intolerant so I avoid dairy but we needed a break so we went to the local Dairy Queen and you know somehow life was better.

This weekend is going to be awesome- the kids have a playdate with another set of Cavemen and I have class- plus damn it I will be making muffins for tomorrow morning!

Happy Friday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Please be nice and remember there is a real person writing this blog with real feelings!