Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Headache Heard Round The World

This morning I woke up with the worse headache ever. It felt as if all my blood vessels in my brain were going to explode at once and any sort of light or loud noise was unbearable. Even right now I can feel my head wanting to return back to the worse headache ever position.


The problem with having a headache or any body ache like that is not the actual physical pain of the experience but the fact that mommy is on the sidelines and with a house full of aliens and cavemen the Mommy cannot be out of commission. Big Papi was great, he rubbed my neck and temples trying to give the pounding somewhere to go, and trying to keep the kids quiet. This was at four in the morning and of course AJ, the caveman who we are trying to potty train, wet the bed and his pants and then decided to be "nice" to mommy by climbing on her. We got him changed and dry and then the alien, Addie, woke up and needed to be fed, again Big Papi took care of that. Around 7:00 this morning AJ was getting dressed and Big Papi took him to preschool and then came home. We have arranged for a sitter for Addie to actually start in a few weeks when I go back to work full time, but thank goodness Kelly was able to take her today because there would be no way to recover from the worse headache and an alien.

But now that the headache is just a tiny fraction of the pain, I feel guilty that Addie is at a babysitter, that I wasn't the one to clean up AJ, and that my poor Big Papi had to take care of all of us and still go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Please be nice and remember there is a real person writing this blog with real feelings!