Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And so it begins...

I am the proud mommy of two AJs. My son, Anderson James, is who we call AJ and he is two and the caveman. My daughter, Addison Joy, is three months and why I really have two "AJs," is an alien. You may think that those are strange terms to describe the best things in my life, but anyone who has spent any time with babies and toddlers understand that those terms acurrately describe these stages of life. I am also married, we'll call him Big Papi, because well he is a big guy and a great dad but sometimes we test each other's nerves.

So why am I blogging? There is a lot going on in my life, besides the children and the husband, I am really an aspiring writer. I can't believe I actually wrote that, but it is true, the only thing that I have ever wanted to do. Writing became my passion in the eight grade when an amazing English teacher gave me an assignment to describe a bittersweet experience.

Since then my life of course has changed in many ways from my experiences in high school to my first attempt at college, trying to be a calm person by becomming a massage therapist, then becomming the babysitter in lotion land to trying to become a real estate agent during the worse real estate market in a century. So right at this moment I am working a day job as an office manager and going to school full time to finish my English degree. My ultimate goal is to become a full time paid writer, so the blog I thought would at least give me exposure but get me back into the habit of writing daily.

The goal of the blog is to let my have a place to vent or talk about what is going on with my day. After the experiences of having two children, you can feel kind of lost because your entire life becomes about the kids. From the moment I wake up, and sometimes before I wake because there is usually at least one kid in the bed, I am constantly on the move. So, I hope you enjoy and leave comments.

AJ Rice's Mommy x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Please be nice and remember there is a real person writing this blog with real feelings!